Thursday, March 28, 2013

My First: The Rail Fence


In January 2010, this Rail Fence pattern became the first quilt I ever completed, start to finish... mostly. At this point, I had not attempted the actual quilting of the quilt or the binding. My mom and I picked out the fabric and went for busy with this one... it turned out fun! This was such an easy first quilt because  it was completed using strip quilting. Each square on the quilt is cut from the same strip: the purple, blue, orange, and polka-dot strips sewn together. In order to complete the rail fence, each square is turned as it is placed, creating that zig-zag appearance. I recommend this to all early quilters out there... It's a simple pattern to follow and goes together very quickly.

~Daughter, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment